Curatorial Committee and Working Groups
Representing different aspects of the UK curatorial community, committee members advise the Association and lead on various projects and events on a volunteer basis. Members meet four times a year online, and in addition collaborate with non-committee members in Working Groups focused on specific initiatives.
We are deeply grateful to our volunteer advisers on the Committee and the Working Groups for their strategic insights, collegiality and enthusiasm.
If you are interested in joining the committee or a working group, or would like to propose a new initiative or event, please email email@example.com. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Curatorial Committee & Working Groups:
- Jennifer Mundy, (Chair) | Independent, formerly Head of Art Historical Research at Tate
- Christopher Baker | Burlington Magazine, Scotland, formerly Director, European and Scottish Portraiture, National Galleries of Scotland
- Poppy Bowers | Exhibition Curator, The Whitworth
- John Chu | Senior Curator of Pictures and Sculpture & Senior Curator for Midlands, National Trust
- Eleanor Clayton | Curator, Hepworth Wakefield
- Flavia Frigeri | Chanel Curator for the collection National Portrait Gallery
- Lena Fritsch | Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, Ashmolean Museum (on maternity leave)
- Jenny Gaschke | Senior Curator, Paintings and Drawings, V & A Museum
- Allison Goudie | Curator of Art (Pre-1800), Royal Museums Greenwich
- Samantha Johnson | Heritage Collections Lead for Restoration and Renewal, Houses of Parliament
- Laura MacCulloch | Head of Collections and Exhibitions, Watts Gallery
- Melanie Pocock | Acting Artistic Director, Exhibitions, Ikon
- Jennifer Powell | Director, Barber Institute
- Helen Ritchie | Senior Curator of Modern & Contemporary Applied Arts
- Evi Baniotopoulou | Independent
- Helena Cox | Art Curator, University of York
- Rachel Hajek | Art Curator, Design Museum
- Helen Hillyard | Curator, Dulwich Picture Gallery
- Alice Insley | Curator, British Art, c.1730-1850, Tate Britain
- Abi Shapiro | Assistant Curator, Hepworth Wakefield
- Freya Spoor| Assistant Curator, ‘Celebrating Scotland’s Art’: The Scottish National Gallery Project
Current calls for members
We are currently looking for members to help form and take forward the initiative around climate change. If you are interested in being part of the new Working Group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: AAH Curatorial Committee event held on June 2022, featuring artist Pio Abad.