ART HISTORY CAREERS DAY 2018
6 December, University of Glasgow
This year the Association for Art History’s annual Art History Careers Day will take place at the University of Glasgow. The day is aimed at undergraduate, masters and doctoral students, and early career researchers who are studying art, art history or visual culture and are keen know more about careers in academia, and the arts, culture and heritage sectors. The day offers specific advice, experience and expertise from professionals working in different areas and roles in these sectors. This year the day will cover careers in Academia, Museums & Galleries, Arts & Business as well as prospects for Early Career Researchers.
You can also download and view and pdf version of the programme.
9:30 – 11:00am: Panel 1 – Academia
- Frances Fowle, Senior Curator at National Galleries of Scotland & Professor and ECA International Director at University of Edinburgh
- Dominic Paterson, Lecturer in History of Art, University of Glasgow
- Caroline Rae, Lecturer in Technical Art History, University of Glasgow
11:00 – 11:30am: Coffee Break
11:30 – 1:00pm: Panel 2 – Art & Business
- Charlotte Riordan, Head of Sales for Modern British & Contemporary Art/specialist in Scottish Art, Lyon & Turnbull Edinburgh
- Aga Sablinksa, Media Relations Strategist at PAVE Communications & Consulting, London
- Marine Tanguy – CEO at MTArt Agency, London
1:00 – 2:00pm: Lunch and launch of new Student Newtwork for undergraduate and masters students
2:00 – 3:30pm: Panel 3 – Museums & Galleries
- Jo Meacock, Curator of British Art at Glasgow Museums
- Allison Whitehill, Learning and Access Curator – Burrell Redevelopment at Glasgow Life
- Jessica Reid, Assistant Exhibitions Manager at the Royal Academy of Arts, London
3:30 – 3:45pm: Comfort Break
3:45 – 5:15pm: Panel 4 – Academia and Beyond for Early Career Researchers
- Rosie Spooner, Lecturer in Design History and Theory, Glasgow School of Art & Guest Lecturer in Museum Studies at University of Glasgow
- Freya Gowrley, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in History of Art, University of Edinburgh
- Leila Riszko, Curatorial Assistant (Modern and Contemporary), National Galleries of Scotland
5:15 – 5:30pm: Comfort break
5:30-6:30pm: Keynote with Q&A; Joanna Norman, Director of V&A Research Institute
Pre-book your ticket for the Careers Day.
Tickets include refreshments and keynote.
The annual Art History Careers Day is organised by the Association’s Doctoral and Early Career Research (DECR) Network Project Board. This year’s event was co-organised by Alicia Hughes (University of Glasgow) and Isobel MacDonald (University of Glasgow).