Beyond the Frame: Primary Teacher CPD
The Association for Art History and Magic Lantern present the next workshop in the Beyond the Frame series of CPD events for Primary teachers
About this Workshop
Focusing on the theme of Identity, the workshop will centre on a case study of Sonia Boyce’s 1982 self-portrait Rice n Peas.
We will investigate the wealth of ideas and associations it generates, and how the artwork might be used as the catalyst for a cross-curricular exploration of Identity with KS1 & 2 students.
- Help raise your confidence in introducing children to art
- Further your understanding of how art history can help children make cross-curricular connections and encourage engagement with different cultures and ideas
- Examine how exploring art can help children develop their skills including oracy, visual literacy, empathy, communication, observation, problem solving, critical thinking and confidence
- Suggest a range of interactive strategies and practical ideas to involve and fire up children’s imagination
- Provide resources for further study for children and teachers.
Tickets and further information available via Eventbrite: