Archivist/Librarian/Research Center Coordinator
The Archivist/Librarian/Research Center Coordinator is a full-time member of staff who is responsible for structuring, cataloguing, record keeping of the library and archives pertaining to the Russian office at the Zimmerli Art Museum. The Archivist/Librarian/Research Center Coordinator advises and arranges for new acquisitions for the Russian archives and the library in consultation with Curator for Russian and Soviet Nonconformist and Research Curator. They spearhead digitization of Dodge Archives in collaboration with Dodge Registrar. The Archivist/Librarian/Research Center Coordinator coordinates researchers’ visits to the library and archives and facilitates access to materials for the outside scholars. The coordinator promotes the scholarly resources pertaining to the Russian collections and serves as liaison to libraries and archives among Rutgers University departments, as well as national and international libraries and archives related to the Russian and Soviet nonconformist art, participates in joint projects between the museum and foreign and national institutions, and assists the curator of education in program development for school groups and general public. The Archivist/Librarian/Research Center Coordinator works closely with the staff in the museum’s Russian office and Registrar’s office to institute highest professional standards in the field, advance the institution’s mission, and to meet the goals of Zimmerli Art Museum’s long-range plan. This is a one-year position renewable for an additional year.
- B.A., preferably in library or archival studies.
- General knowledge of Russian culture.
- Adequate knowledge of Russian language.
- Familiarity and experience with appropriate, current computer programs and technology. Knowledge of specialized library and archival databases.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong team working abilities.
- Familiarity with current standards in libraries and archival software.
- M.A. in library or archival studies
- Background in art history and/or Slavic studies
- Fluency in Russian language
- Familiarity with current library and archival standards
- 2 years of experience working with library and archival collections
Deadline: 19 November 2019
To apply for this position visit https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/77582.