Art History Link-Up is looking for a number of new Trustees to join the Board, with a range of experience, specialisms and backgrounds
Our small Board currently comprises six dedicated individuals, between them holding broad experience across several sectors and disciplines. After recent growth, and with plans for improvement and expansion, we are now looking to supplement the Board with further talented appointments. Please visit https://arthistorylinkup.org/apply/trustees-recruitment/ or download our Trustee Recruitment Pack here
Successful candidates will be strong team players with a range of professional skills and personal qualities. You should share our determination to make the study and enjoyment of art history accessible to as many young people as possible.
All Trustees of Art History Link-Up are expected to demonstrate:
- A proven interest in and enthusiasm for art history and visual culture, with good knowledge of the arts, cultural or heritage sectors.
- Being up to the challenge of a start-up environment, combining an entrepreneurial approach with down-to-earth pragmatism.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to contribute to Board discussion and strategy and policy development.
- An ability to think strategically, appropriately contribute their skills and experience, and follow-through on commitments.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and supportively as part of a small team.
- A willingness to take part in fundraising activity and to share our story with national networks, existing/potential supporters, partners and influencers.
- A commitment to diversity and equality and improving access to educational opportunities for people from a range of different backgrounds.
Previous experience as a charitable trustee is desirable but not essential.
We are seeking candidates with a wide-range of skill sets to support our growing scale and range of operations, and are open to applications from candidates of all backgrounds and areas of expertise.
And at this time, we are especially seeking to boost particular skills on the Board and are especially keen to appoint candidates with interest and experience in:
- Individuals with a background in charity fundraising, who can help develop a reliable funding stream to support the charity’s future work, and build up the charity’s reserves.
- Experience with cultivating major donors
- Individuals with experience of running projects in museums, galleries and / or education
- Experience of partnerships
- Experience with devising and implementing programmes