Art History Tutor(s) – Talent Bank
Keeley Street, Covent Garden/Online
£36.85 per hour inclusive of pro rata holiday entitlement and preparation time.
Are you an Art Historian with experience and passion for working with adult learners? Then why not join City Lit’s Culture and Humanities department where you will have the opportunity to work alongside the wider department to develop the Art History literature programme. We are currently interested in tutors able to teach the following:
- Africa/African diaspora
- Latin America and/or Caribbean
- East Asia (for example, including, but not limited to China, Korea and Japan)
- Art and Ecology
- Early Modern
- Introductory and survey art history courses
- Art gallery/museum-based courses
City Lit is London’s largest provider of learning for adults, inspiring over 30,000 students a year and offering more than 5,000 courses, online and face-to-face. As a leader in our field, who have recently been rated as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted, we have a century’s reputation for delivering the highest quality student experience. Partnering with community organisations across London, we deliver bespoke projects that support individuals and communities.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter, detailing your skills and experience. You will particularly attract our interest if this covers:
- Demonstrable experience of teaching in one of the areas outlined above (experience of teaching adults desirable although not essential)
- A relevant teaching qualification and/or equivalent experience.
- Up to date knowledge, enthusiasm, and interest for the subject.
- The ability to create a vibrant and dynamic learning environment to enable students to achieve both inside and outside the classroom.
Our generous rewards and benefits are numerous and wide-ranging, including generous course discounts that include friends and family, our pension scheme plus life assurance. There’s also access the student discounts programme (Totum) and discounted gym membership.
Situated in London’s creative community of Covent Garden, City Lit is a thriving hub of learning and opportunity with a palpable sense of purpose and identity and a culture of equality and inclusivity. We provide a professional and supportive community that blends teaching and learning to deliver endless possibilities.
We know diversity fosters creativity and innovation and we are committed to equality of opportunity, to being fair and inclusive, and to being a place where all belong. We therefore particularly encourage applications from candidates who are likely to be underrepresented, these include applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those who have a disability and the LGBTQI+ community.
Closing Date: 23:59 on 27 November 2023
Interview Date: w/c 15 January 2024
Please apply on our website