Collections/ Exhibitions Assistant (art /visual culture)
An opportunity is now open for a freelance, part-time Collections / Exhibitions Assistant in art history/visual culture, based within the Ben Uri Research Unit team at Ben Uri Gallery in London for 8 hours (1 day) a week, on an initial six-month fixed term contract:
The role involves:
- Assisting the Collections team with Acquisitions and long-term loans administration including loans out, invoicing, transport and shipping, condition reporting, photography,
- Assisting the Exhibitions team with planning including layout, loans in, insurance, shipping, installation, de-installation, events (zoom and in-gallery), research, preparation of exhibition materials and related contextual digital exhibitions; catalogues (printed and online); related apps and podcasts.
- Reporting to Director and working as part of a busy team for a small, purposeful institution.
- Attending weekly team meetings and liaising with other staff and volunteers.
- One day a week, based at the gallery.
- Salary is equivalent to £24,960 per annum (£12 per hour) pro-rata.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum MA in History of Art or related
- Minimum two years’ experience in the field (Curatorial/Collections)
- Excellent communication, research, and organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a busy team.
- Excellent ICT skills and familiar with using content management systems.
- Experience of working in a research team environment
- Knowledge of other languages is helpful, but not essential.
- This role may also potentially be combined with BURU Researcher s(please see separate job description for details).
Please send covering letter and cv (no more than 2 pages) by midnight on 2nd of June 2023
To Sarah MacDougall, Director Sarahm@benuri.org
Successful candidates will be notified on Tuesday, 6 June for interview on Weds, 7 June
Learn more at: https://benuri.org/