Curator | European Renaissance – 17th Century and Waddesdon Collection
£36,023 per annum
Application Deadline: 12 Noon on Friday 16 November 2018
Provisional Interview Date: 29 November 2018
The British Museum is seeking a Curator to research, document, display and augment the Museum’s collections of objects from Renaissance and seventeenth-century Europe, and to interpret their significance for the public.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To generate and lead new research projects in support of the Research and Display Strategies
- To lead major permanent display projects
- To document the collections to a high standard, both cataloguing digitally on the collection database including image taking and uploading as necessary, and in paper records, and act as a beacon of good practice across the Museum
- To work with the relevant teams within the museum on care of the collections, and their storage, display and conservation
- To lead and manage the early modern curatorial team and actively develop their careers
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant humanities subject, preferably with a doctorate and post-doctoral experience. You will be fluent in either French, German or Italian and have reading knowledge of the others. You will have familiarity with at least one of the categories of material culture involved and should also have experience of display, cataloguing, publication, and public speaking as lectures, gallery talks or broadcast projects. You will have a personable manner and good communication skills, with the ability to lead and manage curatorial and research teams.
To apply for this role, please go to: https://bmrecruit.ciphr-irecruit.com//templates/CIPHR/jobdetail_1233.aspx