Learning & Engagement Internship
14 January to 10 May 2019, three days a week
An internship at Waddesdon will allow participation in some of the most exciting work in a nationally
and internationally renowned institution. This will in turn give interns a number of formal and informal
learning opportunities that will assist the recipients with their future careers.
Main Responsibilities of the intern
- To support the administration and delivery of formal school visits
- To support the preparation, delivery, and de-rig of family events
- To support the preparation and delivery of the ‘Waddesdon Warblers’ project
- With assistance, to create the Easter and Spring Holiday family programme
- To assist with the starting of the schools’ Christmas display.
Learning, Skills & Experience Offered (ie. learning outcomes)
- Insight into how the Waddesdon Education team devises and delivers its programme and
balances the needs of different audiences.
- Communication skills- internally, and externally with a wide variety of audiences
- Administration and organisational skills
- Programme planning and delivery skills
- Hands on experience of education workshops with young people aged 4- 18
- Hands on experience of family and public events
Free accommodation and £10 expenses provided for every day worked.
To apply, please send a current a CV and a letter, maximum 2 pages of A4, outlining your interest
in working at Waddesdon and a career in this sector, and suitability for the role in a letter. Your
letter should be no more than 2 sides of A4 and sent to Sarah.Dewberry@waddesdon.org.uk no
later than no later than 11pm on 27 November.
Interview will be planned for w/c 3 & 10 December 2018.