Office Administrator | New Art Centre
Full-time, permanent position
Internationally renowned art gallery and sculpture park based in Wiltshire is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person with considerable administrative experience, digital skills and interest in the arts to join a young team.
The New Art Centre is looking for a highly experienced, efficient and organised individual to provide general office management and administrative support for the gallery. This is an exciting and varied role in a small but dynamic commercial art organisation which is continuing to expand, with an exciting programme of exhibitions, special projects and events.
The successful applicant will be an excellent administrator with strong interpersonal skills. Proven office management, administrative and IT skills are essential. They will have relevant experience in maintaining, developing and streamlining a range of digital and paper-based database and filing systems.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, work well under pressure and consistently demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail. They will be an energetic and enthusiastic team-member and must be able to use their initiative to prioritise a high workload.
Responsibilities will include:
• Day to day administration for the New Art Centre
• Managing and developing digital and paper-based systems essential to the daily running of the gallery, including mailing lists, sales records, artist correspondence and photographs
• Assisting in preparations for exhibition Private Views and VIP events
• Researching and preparing documentation for the current artwork inventory
• Acting as gallery front of house: greeting visitors, being available to answer questions and give short tours of the galleries; answering phones and general inquiries
• Supporting the Directors and Gallery Manager
The candidate must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications. They must also have expertise in digital database systems, as the gallery uses some bespoke software. Knowledge of Adobe packages and web-based content management systems would be an advantage.
The role is full time with occasional extra hours at evenings and weekends. The candidate would need to live within commutable distance and hold a clean UK driving licence.
Please send a CV and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 11 November 2018