Association for Art History Fellows
Call for Nominations
We are pleased to announce the second year of our programme to recognise significant achievement in art history, and we ask for nominations of those whose work deserves to be honoured as a Fellow of the Association of Art History.
These awards will reflect the broad and inclusive field that the AAH strives to serve, and honourees can include:
- academics (in the areas of art history, visual culture, material culture, critical theory, and the history of architecture, photography or design)
- those who promote and bring public support and attention to the subject such as journalists or public figures
2020 Association Fellows
In the first year of our programme we were delighted to award the Fellowship to eminent art historian Griselda Pollock and educator and advocate Sarah Phillips. They were both to be honoured at our 2020 conference which was cancelled due to the pandemic. We will honour them along with the 2021 honourees at a special programme this spring.
How to propose nominations
We invite nominations from members of the AAH. Nominees can be at any stage of their careers. We are not prescriptive of the form of the nominations, but we limit them to 500 words and ask that they address at least one of the following showing how the nominee:
- has contributed to their area of speciality
- has contributed to the field of art history more generally
- has promoted the mission of the Association Our Vision & Mission – For Art History
- has advanced the AAH values of inclusivity, excellence or advocacy in their work
Fellows will be chosen from among the nominations by a panel of respected peers in the field. We expect to honour two to three Fellows per year.
Please send nominations to email@example.com by Monday, 1 March 2021.
Image: Landscape, Alfred H. Maurer, ca. 1925, Smithsonian American Art Museum