Between 1957 and 1973 Kettle’s Yard was the home of Jim and Helen Ede. Thanks to his friendships with artists and other like-minded people, over the years the Edes gathered a remarkable collection. In 1966 the House and its contents were given to the University of Cambridge. In 1970, the house was extended, and an exhibition gallery added. In February 2018 Kettle’s Yard reopened after a major redevelopment project which included an education wing and new and improved exhibition galleries.